Friday 14 March 2014

Why Girls Wouldn't Want a Knight in Shining Armour

Some of you might think that I'm not cut out for this kind of topic, as I just passed my China Singleness Anniversary (in popular term: Jomblo 20 tahun) last year, which means I might celebrate my Silver Singleness Anniversary (Jomblo Perak, according to my FreshCom Leader) in 4 more years.
Some of you might also think that in order to talk about this, you need an experience (I agree) which is ironically translated as: You need to date someone (or even many people) in order to be an 'expert'.
I'm not going to discuss about that, but let me share some:

Shining armour means this warrior doesn't fight in a war so often
I did my internship in a construction site last year and in period of 3-month time, I have dirtied, scratched and almost broken my helmet. At first I was like: "No! I want to keep it clean" *silly me*, but you know what? If you want to keep it clean and shiny all the time, just don't wear it!
In other words: Don't put it in a good use, just place it in your house for display.

You can argue with me that you want someone who is fighting bravely and yet 'cleans' his armour regularly. Yea right, teenage girls :|
I'm saying that scratches (and scars) are the proof that someone has been through some battles.

Your knight will protect you from bad things
Doesn't it sound good to you? He is able to make you feel safe, respect you, keep your purity, work hard, and all the things in a list that Ps. Jarrid Wilson can make.
Well, no!
Why is that?
Because as a girl, you wouldn't want someone to ruin your fun in the name of 'right things' (now I'm feeling awkward in writing this).

You might prefer
your own fun schedules, 
popularity among boys,
someone who accepts you for who you are AND does nothing,
someone who 'tolerates' and adapts to your situation,
someone who is easy going and intimate with all people even though it's kind of flirtatious,
someone who says "well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Be yourself" all the time.


rather than a 'good guy' who:
keeps reminding you about daily devotional (come on, shopping versus bible study, pfft)
admires you as if you are the only one for him (because you need to do the same, troublesome)
warns you about bad habits you do and decides to stay with you anyway (you call it 'bad'? I call it 'some-old-habit-that-can-be-tolerated') 
stands strong in his values, vision, belief and is able to lead you (old people's stuffs, ain't nobody got time for that)
keeps his relationships with others properly so you can trust in his integrity (integrity? What's that?)
has a good reputation for living in truth (I'll pass, I don't really like someone who is too spiritual)


That's just my example, you can find more from this link and here's the difference between a girl and a woman.


"Happiness is not finding the right person. It’s being the right person." - Steven Furtick
He also said in his postI’ve seen countless Christians sabotage their marriages not because they married the wrong person but because when they got married they weren’t the right person for the other person. Not in their chemistry, but in their character.

You might be in the right relationship with the right one, but not being the right one would potentially destroy your relationship.
Anyway, are you sure that you want a knight in shining armour? (similar question goes for me: Am I sure that I want a Queen-to-be Princess?)

No comments:

Post a Comment