Tuesday 2 October 2012

Fresh Youth 2012/09/30

For those who came to Fresh Youth on 30th September might have a rough idea of what I'm going to write right now hahaha

Alright, it's simple a shocking, confusing yet fun service I've had :P
Something happened RIGHT BEFORE the service, during our last check at The Vine Sanctuary
More or less it affected me
I prayed so that it wouldn't bring us down in serving Him

Buutttt,yes... I was influenced by it
So, the first song, Sukacita Surga after interlude part, we were supposed to have an overtune
Strangely, really... Never happened before to me actually, I took a wrong notes.
I took half note higher while the right one was one note higher
Musicians were also shocked by this development, some played in the right chords, some tried to figure out what tune we (singers) were singing

Praise the Lord, I didn't mess up the other 3 songs
During the sermon, I kept praying, asking God to help me with this situation
My head filled with some solutions I've come up with
One of them is to have an evaluation after service and told our Worship Team roughly about what has happened before service so that it won't happen again
But there'll be someone's offended that way

Then I kept praying and praying, "God, please help me, give me Your solution, I don't want to be a 'judge', I admit that I made a mistake and have no right to blame anyone even though it might be their mistakes"
God answered me right away, before the sermon even ended
He told me:

A Worship Leader is leading one big family (church), and in order to improve in leading worship, you have to accept them as your family. In OUR family, you can openly apologize without being 'condemned', family needs to know you as who you are. No need to 'jaim' (jaga image, sorry I don't know English term for this :P)


After sermon and news, I conveyed some messages about worshipping God all-out
And also that I apologized for singing in wrong chords (in my own style of course ;) )
Instead of feeling ashamed, I felt happy
God gave me a solution that doesn't need to hurt anybody, and it even built our Worship Team and Family  an even stronger bond

I wrote this not to justify my mistakes, nor a person's (if you read this, I've forgiven you at the moment you admitted your mistakes last time). It's just we have to be grow up, stay humble and stay connected with Him in everything we do

GOD is much wiser than I am
I am blessed to have a GOD, Friend and Father like You :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow amazed dra.. that's one good response of heart. learned something from ur stories my pren..hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, yes yes. I'm grateful that I won the war that time, if I surrender to my own wisdom or flesh, it won't turn to be this good ;)

    Thank you, teammate. Gbu :)

    ReplyDelete