Thursday 4 October 2012

Why J-Pop?

Alright, this is one of my favourite genres all the time
I spent my childhood singing almost all anime's OST (dubbed in Indonesian) together my friends.
During Junior High, I met a genius, named Oktoviano Gandhi (currently he's studying Physics at Oxford) and some otakus: William Kusuma, Secilia Erwanda, Venni Astria and the one who made me involved more with all the anime's collections, Ellyana Wijaya
 or there might be others but my memory tried to fool me *skip

I learnt some of Japanese Version of those OSTs by playing them over and over again with my Nokia 6600. I was kind of proud of having this phone.
You know, in my era cellphones are not for all kids (except who studied at 'high class' schools such as Xaverius) *berasa tua

Short story, I'm mostly interested in J-Pop, some bands have a big impact in my music life (huahaha), like Ajikan (Asian Kung Fu Generation) who sings Haruka Kanata (Naruto), Rewrite (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Orange Range: Viva Rock (Naruto), Asterisk (Bleach)
Flow: Go!!! (Naruto)
And I started to do more researches about them and hence made me an J-Pop otaku (some people called me that, but I know I'm not really an otaku *selfdenial)

You should listen to their songs, I mean it
For an example, songs from Orange Range
Kizuna, this songs tell about bond (kizuna), with friends and family, MV was made at a small village.
Music is a combination of modern instrument with a Japanese traditional instrument (played by Hokama Hiroki, the mid-vocal Vocalist)
Hana, SP Thanx, Rakuyou also give the same vibes, soft and melancholic songs  made me nostalgic about my first love during senior high

Too bad that youtube has deleted almost all of my fav videos due to copyright :(

That's about one aspect of the musical influences in my life
-end-

ps: 2 paragraphs of nostalgia (you can skip this part if you want)
Sometimes these songs remind me of warm feeling at my childhood, when I received my 6600 (which then lost due to robbery), moments of 'suntik lagu2 anime', kirim foto lewat bluetooth, playing bomber arena with my classmates via bluetooth, the moment I was (we were) astonished by anime, manga, japanese musics, bonds with my classmates, especially Aksel at Xaverius 1
Of course not everytime I hear these songs :P

I looked back at my past, I lived a funny, good, sad, naive, exciting life. I apologized to people I'd let down, and I've been moving on till now.
Thank you to people I met years ago, you taught me many things
Cherish your memories, keep calm and listen to J-Pop songs haha

No comments:

Post a Comment