Wednesday 22 January 2014

21, eh?

I am blessed, I really am :)
To begin this post, I want to make a little confession: I don't really want to tell people about my birthday, I don't know why, that's just me.
I prefer celebrating other's rather than my own day (well of course I will celebrate my future family's birthdays and having my birthday celebrated by them would not do any harm :P)

Some people say "birthday is your special day, you should celebrate it."
Okay, I know it's special, but if this 'special' means the special way of how you treat/see your day, I do it every day. I mean, you feel loved in your birthday, but God loves you every single day, doesn't He? So my point is I'm feeling special and thankful for God and y'all all the days, and it doesn't change anything even in my birthday hahaha.

I even posted this writing some days after my birthday. Why? I don't know, that's just me HAHA!
I have nothing against people who love their birthday, I'm okay with it and I also deeply appreciate people who send me wishes, I really do.

This year I want to show my gratitude towards people who gave me "early gifts" in the form of encouraging messages (that's how I see them) and books, even though most of those were not actually for my birthday.
I know it's hard for some people to arrange a birthday wish to me, I sort of know why, but never mind, I don't want to assume :P

Here we go:
1. From a cece mini, Rika Angelia that gave me a call from another country just to wish me. She even asked her housemate whom I've never known before, Ko Steven to wish me, then she was shocked at how fast we familiarized ourselves, and she said: "eh did you guys know each other?" -_-
"Happy 21st bdayyy!! Makin bawelll makin jagoo ngmng haha.. Tercapai mimpi2 yg kmu pengen achieve.. God be wif u.."
Thank you karena akhirnya menerima fakta kalo saya ga lahir di tanggal 15. Btw yes, I will be better in talking (to you especially, ha!). 

2. From another cece, yang kayak putri kerajaan China, kyknya ga usah dimention deh namanya, yang penting kita sama2 tau ya ce.
".... Kamu itu kuat, aku harap suatu saat kamu mendapatkan pasangan yang sepadan buat kamu. Bahkan lewat percakapan kita gini aja, aku sendiri terberkati lho"
Thank you ce, thank you for listening to my story from the very beginning to the end. I did not expect my "messy and confusing" stories might be helpful, but I do believe God led me to everything I had to experience in order to convey His message to people. 
I'm really thankful to meet you and I will surely find one as described on Proverbs 31 ;)

3. From my very own senior Worship Leader in FGCC, a great brother in Christ, yang sudah jadi artis, ko Franklin Gunarto.
"Oh ya, km Januari available gk kalo kk ajak pelayanan?"
I was amazed, because God can use anyone He wants, so this invitation was really such an honour for me. Thank you ko for trusting me, let's worship God together next week.

4. I tweeted something about a new book and a worship album that will soon be released by a pastor that inspired me so much through his online sermons, musics and articles, Pastor Steven Furtick
"@kfuwa / I'll send you both for free"
HAHAHAHA, I don't know what about you, you might've known many famous people in your life but I don't. So, it was pretty shocking for me (I even rejected his offer, regretted my decision the day after and then accepted it anyway :P). It was just at the right time, as if God said to me: "Hey, you really do what I told you to do. I don't overlook you" :')

You know what, you can have attentions as many as you want, but I just desire my God's attention, His attention is special (and my future wife's! She is also kinda special, that's what I trust huahaha)

5. Unexpected 'new friends' I made last year. I believe that God brought you to me (or me to you) for a purpose. You know what, often times I felt not ready to have conversation with y'all, at that moment I was like "Are You serious, God? I dont think I'm a right person for them to talk with".
But I trust His power and plan more than my own feeling and circumstances, so I prayed and talked to you anyway, 2 Corinthians 12:9.
Some of you experienced breakthrough in your life, I'm happy for you! Just remember, it's all about Him and you got a direct access to His presence :).
I'm thankful that God wants to use a person like me, purely GRACE it is.
I'm blessed to have privilege to listen to their unique and different stories and I learnt from them :)

6. A "Sun Stand Still" book from my friend, a talented singer and humorous guy, Jansen Karim. I was chatting with him and sharing about Steven Furtick, the next thing I knew, this good guy gave this book as a Christmas present.
Told you "early gifts"
This guy even sent me a "radio birthday wish" by recording his own golden voice.
I'm thinking of keeping it and then sell it in the future on Ebay, should give me good cash.

7. A leadership devotional book by John C. Maxwell, given by a cece, who serves God as a professional dancer and also serves in FGCC, ce Silvya Lo
It blessed me a lot, and thank you very much for being a leader for my sister, cece...

8. My old friend, who never misses wishing me even though sometimes I forgot to wish on her birthday, Meta Parjono. In short, her message was: Fuwaaa, happy birthday, wish you all the best, semoga cepet lulus, salam dari Natalia.
Thank you Met, I am blessed to have a friend like you. I will try my best to wish you every year! Hahaha

9. Personal birthday verse from my very own Lead Pastor of FGCC, ko Eddy Chang. Isaiah 61:1-4


The Year of the Lord's Favor


61 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me,

because the Lord has anointed me

to bring good news to the poor;[a]

he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,

to proclaim liberty to the captives,

and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;[b]



2 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor,

and the day of vengeance of our God;

to comfort all who mourn;


3 to grant to those who mourn in Zion—

to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes,

the oil of gladness instead of mourning,

the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit;

that they may be called oaks of righteousness,

the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified.[c]



4 They shall build up the ancient ruins;

they shall raise up the former devastations;

they shall repair the ruined cities,

the devastations of many generations.

Recently I also got an affirmation about "Anointing", "Bringing Good News", and "Glorious Ruins", so this verse confirms it again. Thank you, ko Ed!

In the future, my circumstances might get worse, but I want to teach my mind, feeling and even my circumstances that I'm counting on God's blessings and promises in my life, I have reasons to be joyful and thankful all the time :)

This is what I tweeted in the beginning of this year
January: The month when miracles begin to unveil

It's only been 2 weeks but God's already showing up His faithfulness and that He keeps His promise to me through many things.
I don't say that I didn't struggle at all, my mind and emotions often got beaten up even when I gave my best and my all (especially in work) :). I'm not gonna stop serving God even though I face painful situations, my joy is in Him and He is in me.
Acts 5:41 Then they left the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer dishonor for the name.

As Pastor Steven Furtick says in "Count on It" from Psalm 48:12
(The psalmist says:) "I want you to walk around Zion and see how although the battles rage in your life this year, you're still standing." So I want us to rejoice for the battles that did not defeat you. Oh, they tried! They would have! But they couldn't, because when the battle came, it had to reckon with a God Who is much bigger that enemy anticipated.

So, I looked at my past, I thank the Lord for the battles that did not defeat me
I looked within myself, I thank Him for everything He does in me and the seeds of His promise that will bloom at the right time
I looked at all around, I thank Him for everything He does through me and through people around me
I looked up, I thank God for who He is

"I don't rejoice when I see the harvest, I rejoice over the seed" - Steven Furtick

Thank you guys for everything

No comments:

Post a Comment